Dear DJI Mobile SDK Developers,
New iOS apps developed using the DJI Mobile SDK are currently unable to be published in the Apple App Store. New versions of existing apps that you have already published can still be updated normally, and used by DJI users. DJI is in close communication with Apple.
In the meantime, please be aware of the following:
- Only brand new app submissions, developed with the DJI MSDK iOS version on the MFi Portal, are affected. All previously published iOS apps can be updated by their developers as usual. Apps developed with the DJI MSDK Android version are not affected.
- DJI will postpone updating the MSDK iOS version until we have addressed this situation with Apple. In the meantime, we recommend prioritizing developing Android apps that support the latest DJI devices.
- DJI will continue providing technical support to iOS developers. Our API documentation will still be available on the official DJI website, and we will provide the latest MSDK iOS version to developers as soon as possible.
- DJI is currently unable to provide an updated schedule for the Mobile SDK iOS version but will reach out to you as soon as possible when new information becomes available.
- We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may have caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to your continued support for our products.